Friday, August 20, 2010

'Our Little Secret' by Allayne Webster




"Nothing ever happens in Wattleton - at least not without the whole town knowing.
Anne-Marie and Edwina have kept their secrets from everyone, and their secrets are the kind that will hurt - everyone.

A remarkable story of romantic dreams, guilt and fear. A story of exploitation and power.

A story every girl should read."

I just finished reading this book.
It was quite a sad book, but it did have some funny moments.
I actually found this book at the library on a display shelf and was inticed by the books cover, so I read that back and I wasn't too sure at first if I should get it but I opened the book up to a random page, read a little bit and decided I'd get it out.

This lil part of the book reminded me of a moment that I thought in my life 3 months ago:

"I placed the daisies by the graveside. I looked at the coffin. I couldn't connect with the idea that inside lay Anne-Maire's body that I would never see again."

"Why did she have to do this?
Why?
I had no answer. Only Anne-Marie knew the answer."

It's a book I could imagine being a really good movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment